Aromama Thyme Essential Oil
Aromama Thyme essential oil is 100% pure, is a powerful, antiviral, antibacterial product as well as a strong stimulant of the immune system, is warm and with spicy hints.
Linalool, found in Aromama Thyme Essential Oil, is a chemical component, which is suitable for young children and people with sensitive airways. In the past, thyme used to be burnt in religious buildings, such as Temples, in honour of Gods. During the cold season, thyme twigs were left around the house to stop the spread of an infection. The best-known property of thyme is its positive effect on the respiratory tract. Since the olden days, thyme tea was always recommended for a dry cough and hoarseness.
Thyme essential oil warms and cleanses the respiratory tract, liquefies mucus, eases cough, helps in curing bronchitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis. Thyme oil is widely used in hair cosmetics as a blood circulator and hair growth promoter. Thyme goes well with other essential oils such as rosemary, chamomile, pine, lemon, bergamot, tea tree and eucalyptus radiata.
Warning! Not to be used during pregnancy and by people with high blood pressure.
Using with an electric diffuser (only, when necessary, in small amounts) the oil can be used from 6 months of age. For massages, aromatherapeutic baths, and foot rubs use it from 2 years of age.
How to use Aromama Thyme Essential Oil:
- Use it in a diffuser when someone in your home catches a cold. It will help to clear the air from viruses and bacteria. Feel free to inhale the vapours from the diffuser–it will ease the cough. A particularly strong and useful combination to help the cough is a duo of Aromama Thyme Essential Oil (4 drops) and Rosalina essential oil (4 drops). After the illness, add 3 drops of thyme and 5 drops of lemon essential oils into the diffuser, this wonderful synergy will stimulate the immune system and tone the body. During the day 8 drops of thyme essential oil in the diffuser is a good number. Use 3-4 drops at night.
- When coughing, suffering from bronchitis or other respiratory diseases, rub the chest and back with diluted Aromama Thyme Essential Oil. Blend 3- 4 drops of thyme with carrier oil (such as sweet almond oil). In case of a stronger cough than usual, feel free to prepare a stronger blend containing: 50ml carrier oil + 5 drops of thyme + 5 drops of eucalyptus radiata essential oils. Rub the chest and back twice a day. Suitable for everyone from 2 years of age and adults. Reminder: it is not recommended to use oil-based remedies whilst having a high temperature.
- Rub each foot sole with a drop of pure, undiluted Aromama Thyme Essential Oil–this procedure stimulates immunity. Repeat it twice a day.
- Boost your child’s immune system by preparing an immune-boosting blend for the body, this will help after having chickenpox, influenza, pneumonia or other immune-suppressing diseases: 50ml organic camellia oil + 5 drops of Rosalina + 4 drop of thyme, 2 drops of lemon + 2 drops of eucalyptus staigeriana essential oils. Rub your child’s body every evening after a bath, on slightly damp skin. Repeat the procedure for 3 weeks, then take 1 week’s break, and repeat the cycle. Suitable for children from 12 months onwards.
- During epidemics, to prevent colds, apply a drop of Aromama Thyme Essential Oil on your scarf or sweater (on the shoulder line) before going out. Body heat will help the essential oil to release its goodness and protect you from viruses and bacteria. Suitable for babies from 6 months old.
- Throat pain and dental related discomfort can be relieved with aromatherapy! Get a glass of warm water, mixed with a tablespoon of salt alongside 3-5 drops of Aromama Thyme Essential Oil, mix well, and rinse/gargle your mouth several times a day. This procedure is suitable for adults as well as children who know how to rinse and spit.
- Thyme is amazing in the sauna! In a tin or metal bowl of hot water, add 25-30 drops of essential oil and place it in the warmest corner of the sauna. You will love the scent of thyme in the sauna, and it will pamper your airways! We recommend using combinations of thyme and eucalyptus radiata, or thyme and rosemary essential oils.
- In the event of hair loss or slow–growing hair, we recommend making a hair mask! 50ml of camellia oil + 15 drops of rosemary and 15 drops of thyme essential oils. Vigorously massage some of the oil blend into the scalp and hair roots, put on a plastic cap and wait 15-20 minutes. Rinse and wash your hair as normal. Repeat the procedure at least twice a week or more. This type of mask stimulates blood circulation therefore more oxygen and nutrients can flow into the hair bulbs. This in the long run will result in stronger hair, faster growth and less hair loss.
- If your body is aching and you feel flu like symptoms, prepare yourself a warming, therapeutic bath with Aromama Thyme Essential Oil, which works well with Rosalina and pine essential oils. It is not suitable for people with sensitive skin. Do not bathe if you have a high temperature.
Reminder! Essential oils are insoluble in water and must be diluted before adding to the bath. Add the required amount of essential oil to a teaspoon of vegetable oil or ½ glass of milk and pour into the bath.